Job Description: Finance and Governance Co-ordinator
1 PT post available (30 hours per week)
Employer: Let’s Grow Together! Infant & Childhood Partnerships CLG on behalf of the Cork Child Friendly City Forum
Location: Let’s Grow Together! Infant & Childhood Partnerships CLG premises in Knocknaheeny, Cork or nominated location. The Finance and Governance Co-ordinator will be assigned a base location and will be expected to work in person at this location. This is an in-person role. Limited hybrid working maybe considered in line with company policy.
Contract: Permanent, based on continued mainstream funding. A probationary period of 6 months will apply.
Hours of work: This may be filled up to 37hrs per week but no less that 30hrs per week agreed at contract stage. It must include a full day on a Monday and on a Wednesday. Occasional out of hours working may be required for which a time off in lieu system is in operation.
Salary: Pro Rata of €46, 308 per annum being Point 1 of the applicable salary scale for this post. It is Company policy that new employees are appointed at Point 1 of their respective scales.
Recruitment: Open recruitment adhering to the Let’s Grow Together! Infant & Childhood Partnerships CLG recruitment policy.
The main objective of Let’s Grow Together! Infant & Childhood Partnerships CLG is to govern, support and develop area-based prevention and early intervention programming and approaches that support early childhood development, relationships, and environments; to set the foundations for infant and child development, learning, wellbeing, quality of life and outcomes; and by doing so mitigate the intergenerational impact of child poverty and get all children’s lives off to the best possible start.
The subsidiary objectives are:
• Respectfully enhancing skills and early childhood development knowledge, of all parents, practitioners, and services.
• Strengthening and supporting all relationships and environments that are important to every child’s early development.
• Embedding systems and community change to support early childhood development.
• Undertaking participatory learning and evaluation, documenting and policy development.
This work is underpinned by an innovative Infant Mental Health Framework and draws on best evidence and practice.
The core work of Let’s Grow Together! Infant & Childhood Partnerships CLG is funded by the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth and is part of the Area Based Childhood Programme within the TUSLA Child & Family Agency.
Our communities are places where children experience happy, healthy, and thriving childhoods that last a lifetime, and no child is left behind.
To work in partnership with everyone important in children’s lives, sharing knowledge, skills, and resources, empowering families, and enabling children through their relationships and in their communities to be nurtured, fulfilled, achieving and learning.
To support the Board, and Management, by providing efficient and effective delivery of Let’s Grow Together’s finance, administration, governance and compliance functions.
• Fulfil all day to day administrative, financial, governance & compliance functions Lets Grow Together Organisation.
• To support the Board to ensure it is compliant and meeting the Good Governance Framework in accordance with funder, charity and company obligations.
• To ensure Lets Grow Together is reporting on its compliance with the Charity Regulator, Companies Registration Office and other requirements of funded partners.
• To lead and carry out tasks associated with the role in line with the organisations vision, mission and values of the organisation.
• To work in partnership and collaboration with all relevant stakeholders, including the wider community.
Administration and compliance responsibilities and duties include:
• Proactively provide assistance, guidance and support to the Executive Director and to the Board on all administration and compliance matters
• Administer the appropriate Payroll systems and procedures
• Facilitate effective HR processes and procedures including preparation and support for recruitment and induction processes as well as facilitating pay and scheduling reviews
• Provide the preparation and support for tenders and contracts in line with procurement guidelines.
• Provide co-ordination of matters relating to governance and adherence to Regulatory/other requirements. This includes but is not limited to Service Level Agreements, legislative requirements and Charities Regulator requirements.
• Day to day operational, financial and administration as requested/required
• Ensure all policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines are kept up to date with legislative requirements and are systematically reviewed and communicated to team members and stakeholders.
• Co-ordinate IT resources for Let’s Grow Together! Infant and Childhood Partnerships CLG.
• Take responsibility for the areas of financial, health and safety, GDPR, child safeguarding legislation, governance and best practice appropriate to the role.
• Deliver on HR administrative requirements including but not limited torecruitment, contracts, induction, timesheets, annual leave for all team members of Let’s Grow Together.
Financial administration and development
• Oversee and implement financial systems and procedures that ensure transparent, equitable and accurate financial control.
• Take responsibility for financial processes incl., report preparation, analysis & forecasting to inform decision making that represent best Value For Money for Lets Grow Together.
• Take responsibility for budget preparation and reporting.
• Ensure financial controls are meeting all financial regulations and are compliant with funders, charity regulator and other bodies.
• Undertake administration of bank accounts, and departmental budgetary controls.
• Ensure effective internal controls/systems/protocols are in place and meet all company policy and best practice.
• Work closely with and support funders, contractors, employees, board, director, auditors in areas of financial management.
• Contribute to the preparation of funding applications, and if successful work closely to implement and report on delivery, as required by the funded organisations.
Responsibilities in relation to Communication internally and externally.
• Collaborate with relevant team members to, develop and standardiseadministrative processes to ensure consistency with external communications.
• Engage with funders for day to day matters, queries, issues.
• Communicate directly with employees regarding changes to or additional policy matters, budget preparation, day to day procurement, office and operational management etc.
• Participate in the development of the Let’s Grow Together strategic plan and to ensure its implementation appropriate to the role.
• Participate and contribute to Team Meetings, and planning days, training as applicable to role.
Be an active member of the team, delivering and participating in training and development and contributing to work projects. Be part of the Co-ordinating team of Let’s Grow TogetherRepresent the Executive Director from time to time as appropriate.
Undertake other duties as deemed appropriate by the Executive Director. The post holder must be adaptable to the changing nature of role, duties that may evolve over time.
Report to: Finance & Governance Co-ordinator will report to the Executive Director
Level 8 in finance, business, management, governance, HR or a related field.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in working in a similar or related role
• Experience of working effectively with Boards of Trustees, funders, and other strategic stakeholders.
• Experience of working in the area of governance, compliance and financial administration within the not for profit sector.
• Experience of developing funding applications, and establishing systems for implementation
• Experience of administrative and financial functions of an organisationDesired skills Knowledge and competencies
• Strong managerial and day to day administration aptitude in the areas of finance, governance, compliance and operational systems
• Competent in use of BrightPay, HR and Payroll (or equivalents) software
• Ability to use accounting software package Quickbooks (or similar)
• Highly skilled in Microsoft especially excel.
• Highly self-motivated, solution focused, can do attitude.
• Expertise and experience in project and business development
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
• An effective communicator internally and externally with relevant stakeholders.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Professional in attitude and dealings with others.
• Calm and confident under pressure and proven problem-solving abilities.
• Friendly, approachable manner, while ensuring effective finance and governance processes.
Please apply by email only with a C.V. and cover letter (Word or PDF format preferred), clearly setting out your interest, qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience relevant to the role.
The closing date for all applications is midday Thursday 22nd February (no late applications will be accepted).
Applications and enquiries to Secretary@letsgrowtogether.ie
It is anticipated that interviews for prospective candidates for this post are expected to take place during the week commencing 26th February with the successful candidate taking up the role as soon as possible thereafter.
Allocation of this post is subject to references including current or most recent employers and proof of eligibility to work in Ireland.
Let’s Grow Together! Infant & Childhood Partnerships CLG is an equal opportunities employer committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion.